Burnside’s Transportation team incorporates traffic engineering solutions into all planning strategies, design solutions, and operations of transportation systems to keep all modes of traffic flow moving.
Capabilities and Expertise
Our team uses human factors principles, state of the practice references, and original research into our projects. Our traffic analyses incorporate community context into the development and application of traffic engineering practices and policies.
Our team has served as municipal engineers, owner’s engineers and consultant support responsible for the day-to-day operations of transportation systems. We have also conducted original research and published traffic engineering guidelines, including Ontario Traffic Manual documents.
Meet our Traffic Engineering team leaders who can help with your next project:
Our team has completed numerous traffic engineering assignments across Ontario, including:
- Town of Innisfil – Pedestrian crossing policy
- Township of Clearview – Speed management policy
- Bruce County – Network safety screening review
- Town of Caledon – Glasgow Road safety audit
- Town of Caledon – On-call traffic control designs
- Simcoe County – County Road 93 roundabout design
- Peel Region – Manhole maintenance traffic management plan
- Traffic control marking and signage plans
- Traffic signal design
- Traffic management plans and construction staging
- Traffic calming and roundabout design
- Traffic safety network screening and safety programs
- In-road traffic safety reviews and audits
- Roadside safety reviews
- Traffic operations policies and guidelines