Burnside’s Structural Engineering team leverages decades of structural design experience to investigate structural failures of buildings and other types of structures.
Capabilities and Expertise
Our team has experience with providing structural engineering solutions on a wide variety of projects and construction materials. We leverage this experience and our knowledge of building codes to provide site investigations of failures and expert reporting to meet client needs suitable for dispute resolution or litigation.
Our structural damage and collapse investigations have included:
- Tornado damage
- Large commercial boat storage collapse
- House explosion damage
- Smokestack collapse at a mine
- Vehicle impact damage on buildings
- Fire damaged residential and commercial properties
- Tree and ice-fall damage
- Structural collapse and damage due to wind, snow, other forces, or construction deficiencies
- Peer review of reports and designs for conformance with applicable building codes
- Review of as-built conditions for conformance with design documents and applicable building codes