Solid Waste Management
Burnside’s Solid Waste Management team identifies practical waste management solutions, tailored to client needs while addressing regulatory requirements, best management practices, and future flexibility.
Capabilities and Expertise
We collaborate with our clients, their site operators, and the reviewing agencies for the successful planning, design, approval, and implementation of solid waste management systems and facilities. Our team can offer clients a full suite of solid waste services, bolstered by our in-house environmental, air quality, noise, civil engineering, hydrogeological, and ecological specialists.
Our team – led by Jamie Hollingsworth – would be happy to discuss your project needs in more detail.
Our team members have completed a wide variety of solid waste projects, including:
- Town of Perth landfill expansion
- Environmental 360 Solutions Ltd., Belleville waste transfer and alternative low carbon fuel processing facility
- County of Brant landfill expansion Environmental Assessment
- Expansion of Mangrove Pond Landfill, Barbados
- Environmental Assessments
- Site selection and planning
- Landfill design, remediation, redesign, expansion, development, operations, and closure
- Transfer stations, public drop-offs, and hazardous waste diversion
- Site management and operating staff training
- Landfill and transfer station environmental and operations monitoring
- Liability estimates for municipal and First Nation financial statements (i.e., PS 3280)
- Municipal and First Nation community collection, diversion, and disposal planning, implementation, and optimization
- Waste system planning for the private sector, including residential, commercial, and mixed-use developments for (re)zoning and site plan approvals
- Agency liaisons and permitting
- Technical peer reviews
- Tendering, construction administration, and inspection