Celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are an inclusive, 400+ person firm spread across multiple offices. Our team members hail from all over, each with unique backgrounds and varying experiences that enrich our collective understanding of our clients’ needs and create original solutions.
We celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in our daily approach to work and life, knowing that the three are inextricably linked and critical to big ideas, solutions, and collaboration. It’s in this mix where our team excels, bringing compassion to every project and building lasting relationships with each other and our clients.
Work environment and culture
You should love where you work and feel that you have a voice, a community, and a helping hand. We strive to build a working environment that is:
- Kind and giving
- Warm and welcoming
- Flexible and accommodating
- Engaged in building relationships
Honouring our Diversity
We support, respect, and value all individuals and groups to widen our perspective and honour the diverse individuals within our communities.
- Women and visible minorities hold board membership and senior management positions
- We provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the entire recruitment, assessment, and selection process
- All Burnside offices include accessibility features to accommodate those staff and visitors with disabilities, and all Burnside deliverables (including reports and proposals) are compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005
- We have served dozens of international communities in need, in partnership with funding agencies and non-governmental organizations
Our commitment to Indigenous communities
We established Neegan Burnside Ltd., a majority Indigenous-owned engineering and environmental consulting firm, to address the needs of Indigenous communities across Canada.
Through Neegan Burnside, we assist Indigenous (First Nation, Métis and Inuit) communities, agencies, and industries to meet their development and economic goals, while remaining sensitive to culture, values and beliefs.
Many Burnside staff contribute to both Burnside and Neegan Burnside projects, giving our staff unique experience in addressing First Nation needs for consultation work, strategic planning, environmental consulting, and full engineering services for various infrastructure projects.
Across North America, we have completed over 1,500 projects for more than 300 Indigenous communities and agencies.
Burnside is a great place to work and we are committed to making sure that our company continues to be an employer of choice for potential candidates. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, religion, gender, disability or national origin, and we work hard to ensure that all employees are treated fairly during their employment with the company.
We welcome resumes from all qualified candidates – view current openings
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act resources
- AODA Policy
- AODA Notice of Availability of Documents
- AODA Training Policy
- AODA Customer Feedback Process Form
- Burnside Integrated Accessibility Standards Policy
- Burnside Multi-Year Plan
Stance on harassment
We do not tolerate any form of workplace violence or harassment. We take the safety and wellness of our staff very seriously and it is a top priority that:
- Safe spaces for open dialogue are always available
- Staff, at all levels, adhere to our Corporate Workplace Violence and Harassment Policy
Burnside is a great place to work and we are committed to making sure that our company continues to be an employer of choice for potential candidates. We welcome resumes from all qualified candidates.View current openings