Burnside has a strong Stormwater Management (SWM) team that develops sustainable SWM solutions for a wide variety of applications for public and private clients.
Capabilities and Expertise
Our SWM team provides municipality-wide and site-specific stormwater management planning and design options in close collaboration with our clients. Our solutions are progressive, leveraging the opportunities of innovative SWM strategies, and we incorporate context-sensitive approaches to our designs for SWM facilities, conveyance infrastructure and drainage networks.
Related SWM projects completed by our team include:
- Town of Halton Hills – Eighth Line Environmental Assessment
- County of Simcoe – County Road 90 Environmental Assessment, design, construction
- Durham Region – Whitevale Road detailed design
Services that our team can provide for your next project include:
- Stormwater management design for land development
- Floodplain studies
- Road reconstruction SWM and drainage design
- Watershed studies
- Approval authority permitting
- Environmental Assessments
- Contract administration, inspection, and constructability reviews
- Peer review and expert witness services
Lorena Niemi, P.Eng.
Executive Vice President, Land Development
We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions or require assistance.