Burnside recognizes the need for environmental due diligence for site development, and we are experts in identifying potential risks and liabilities and providing delineation and remediation as needed.
Capabilities and Expertise
Our team offers a wealth of experience to your project, ranging from large industrial sites to various sized commercial and residential properties. Our successful past project experience has included contaminated soil remediation, groundwater impact assessment of fuel spills, landfill monitoring programs and peer reviews, with budgets ranging from several thousand to several million dollars.
Our team has completed numerous related projects for clients across Ontario, including:
- Metrolinx – Contamination overview study on 423 properties being considered for acquisition for the Barrie rail corridor expansion, to identify potential liabilities and risks associated with each land parcel.
- Northland Power Grand Bend Wind Farm – Phase One ESAs for 48 wind turbine sites to identify potential liabilities prior to acquiring the properties for wind farm construction.
- Tiny Township – Designated Substances Surveys of 70 municipal buildings and structures to plan for future maintenance, renovations, and potential demolitions.
- Phase One Environmental Site Assessments (ESA)
- Phase Two ESAs
- Record of Site Condition (RSC)
- Contamination overview studies
- Underground storage tank removal and confirmatory sampling
- Spill assessment and delineation
- Soil and groundwater remediation
- Fill investigations
- Excess soil management
- Designated Substances Surveys (DSS)