Environmental Planning and Environmental Assessment
Burnside’s Environmental Planning and Environmental Assessment team is a highly experienced group of ecologists, planners, scientists, and engineers that support a wide range of project applications.
Capabilities and Expertise
Our team provides environmental planning and assessment services for a wide variety of projects, ranging from major road and transit corridors that require multi-disciplinary teams, to single site level initiatives that support municipalities, contractors, and consultants with environmental matters. Our team members are proven leaders in public consultation, policy compliance, data collection, mapping, reporting, and permitting.
Our team leaders who can help you with your next project include:
- Kevin Butt
- Deanna De Forest
- Christopher Pfohl
- Tricia Radburn
- Jennifer Vandermeer
Key projects completed by our team include:
- 7th Line (Yonge Street to 10th Sideroad) – Municipal Class Environmental Assessment
- Sheridan Park Drive Extension – Municipal Class Environmental Assessment
- Credit Meadow Park Expansion – Municipal Class Environmental Assessment
- Metrolinx – GO Train Barrie Rail Corridor Expansion Transit Project Assessment Process (TPAP), tree assessment, wetland, and aquatic investigations
- Municipal, Provincial and Federal Environmental Assessments (EA)
- Transit Project Assessment Process (TPAP)
- Environmental Impact Studies and Natural Heritage Assessments
- Species at Risk screening, assessment, permitting and mitigation
- Wildlife habitat assessments
- Aquatics and fisheries habitat assessments and permitting
- Fish rescue and wildlife salvage
- Ecological Land Classification
- Wetland delineation, evaluation, and classification
- Arborist reports, tree studies, tree risk assessment, and tree appraisal
- Peer reviews
- Barefoot Box Culvert™
Jennifer Vandermeer, P.Eng.
Deanna De Forest, EP
We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions or require assistance.