Building Condition Assessments and Reserve Fund Studies
Burnside works with clients on Building Condition Assessments and Reserve Fund Studies to develop capital maintenance plans that meet long-term needs within their financial constraints.
Capabilities and Expertise
Our team has decades of experience in completing Building Condition Assessment (BCA) reports for institutional and commercial clients across Ontario, ranging from long-term building investments to pre-purchase reviews.
Our team regularly works with property management and condominium boards to prepare and update their Reserve Fund Studies (RSF). These studies are tailored to meet the unique capital maintenance requirements and financial resources of each client.
Our team – led by Peter Mensinga – would be happy to discuss your project needs in more detail.
Our team has completed pre-purchase BCAs for a variety of institutional and commercial clients, including Metrolinx, CBRE, and Vaultra Management. Furthermore, we have completed RFSs for condominiums ranging from free holds and town homes, to mid- and high-rise towers.
- Nawash First Nation: Building Condition Assessments for Nawash First Nation’s public buildings, including the fire hall, police station, elementary school, and public works facilities (14 buildings in total).
- Multiple Clients: Burnside has completed pre-purchase building condition assessments for a variety of institutional and commercial clients including Metrolinx, CBRE, and Vaultra Management.
- Condominiums: We complete reserve fund studies for condominiums ranging from free holds and town homes to mid- and high-rise towers.
- Building condition assessments
- Reserve fund studies
- Condition evaluations for roofs, parking garages, balconies, cladding, and windows
- Performance audits
- Energy audits
- Construction support
- Mechanical improvements
- Electrical improvements
- Acoustic monitoring and field testing